Xtream Path 1.6.5 FAQ’s
- Is Xtream Path compatible with Adobe Illustrator CS6 or CC/CC 2014 – CC 2017?
- What is Xtream Path?
- Since Xtream Path is a brand new plug-in, will it support older versions of Illustrator?
- Will it support Mac OS X 10.11 and 10.12?
- Is there a boxed version of Xtream Path available?
- Just bought FILTERiT and Xtream Path and I can’t run them both at the same time in Illustrator. If I pull one out the other works fine. What is wrong?
A: Yes. Xtream Path 1.6.5 is now compatible with CS6 and CC/CC 2014 – CC 2017.
Simply put, Xtream Path is a path editing tool for Illustrator. It boasts 36 useful effects, filters and tools to facilitate your daily workflow within Illustrator. You no longer have to be constrained to control points or Bezier handles when editing paths. It allows you to drag anywhere on a path and edit only the exact location you want. Editing paths in Illustrator is much more flexible than ever before.
A: You bet! Xtream Path supports Illustrator 8, 9, 10, CS, CS2, CS3, CS4, CS5,CS6 and CC/CC 2014 – CC 2017.
A: We no longer offer boxed version of Xtream Path.
Q: Just bought FILTERiT and Xtream Path and I can’t run them both at the same time in Illustrator. If I pull one out the other works fine. What is wrong?
A: It is possible that some of your fonts may be corrupt. “AdobeFnt05.lst” from the font list does not get fixed by reinstalling Illustrator. If you cannot find “AdobeFnt05.lst”, it could be “AdobeFnt”.
A system error can occur if Illustrator accesses a damaged font. You can troubleshoot fonts to determine if they cause the problem:
1. Drag the contents of the Library/Fonts folder to a new folder on the desktop. (If you manually added fonts to the Library/Application Support/Adobe/Fonts folder, also drag those fonts to the new folder.)
2. At the Finder, choose File > Find.
3. Type AdobeFnt05.lst (Illustrator 10) or AdobeFnt07.lst (Illustrator CS), select the system drive, and then press Return.
4. Delete all AdobeFnt05.lst files found.
5. Restart the computer.
6. Restart Illustrator. Illustrator creates a new AdobeFnt05.lst or AdobeFnt07.lst file.
7. Try to re-create the problem. Then, do one of the following:
– If the problem doesn’t recur, move one font back to the Library/Fonts folder, and then repeat steps 5-7 until you identify the problematic font.
– If the problem recurs, move the contents of the new folder on the desktop back to the Library/Fonts folder.